Ralph Lauren created his fashion brand in 1967 and it has gradually become one of the best-known premium fashion brands in the world, and a symbol of American style. Undoubtedly part of its success is the way customers feel like they are buying into a lifestyle rather than simply a high quality product. People want the Ralph Lauren lifestyle because they see it as a mark of aspiration and success.
- The brand barely needs an introduction these days, their polo player logo is recognized throughout all corners of the globe and classic garments like the polo shirt, dress shirt and wool or cashmere items sell out year after year.
- This continuity is one of their best qualities and helps give their clothing a sense of refinement and class.
- Ralph Lauren himself said: “The kinds of clothes I design are the kinds of things I believe in, the kinds of things that last forever. I love things that stay.”
- If you try to imagine the Ralph Lauren lifestyle, the first thing you’ll probably think of is of is polo Ralph Lauren Big Pony Outlet, Ivy League universities like Harvard and Yale, or simply wealth; and consumers no doubt want to feel like they can be a part of it all.
- The story of Ralph Lauren himself is the best example of the aspirational element to this brand. He was actually born Ralph Lifshitz and he wasn’t from the sort of privileged background his brand might suggest. He was actually raised in the Bronx and he wasn’t a trained fashion designer either, instead he worked his way into the industry as a salesman and he started from the very bottom making ties himself. You could say him and his brand shared the idea to dress for the life you wanted and for who you want to be.
Ralph Lauren has the added appeal that it is both sporty and luxurious in equal measure, and its one of the first brands people think of in relation to American style. Countless important and famous people have worn their clothing including the likes of the president John F Kennedy, who was renowned for his Ralph Lauren Outlet UK style.